Blog Feature Image

Blog Feature Image

Thursday 1 August 2013

Yummy Fish Cakes, Pork Larb Salad and Sticky Rice at Thai Wi-Rat

photo of Thai fish cakes and Pork Larb Salad with Sticky Rice

On my many visits to Fortitude Valley, I had noticed the Thai Wi-Rat restaurant a couple of times. The name stuck in my head as I wondered if it was a good idea to have the word "Rat" in the name of a restaurant. A quick browse on the internet showed up good reviews so eventually, I got around to trying it to satisfy my curiousity.

The dark interiors were uninviting to sit in but housed happy Asian families and friends enjoying the many dishes they had ordered. This was a great sign so I chose to sit outside in the sun to enjoy the breezes whilst I tasted my fish cakes, and Pork Larb salad with sticky rice. The prices were on the expensive side so I questioned the authenticity of their food. However, when I actually got to taste it, I was very happy with the quality. The fish cakes were spicy but there was enough for me to try two and wait for the rice to come so I could have the other two with the meal. The salad was delicious and the sticky rice was presented in a cute little woven container.

Satisfied, I walked away hoping to find more restaurants of this quality within easy access. I miss the fantastic food Sydney has and the generous proportions at cheap prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts - Raise some issues, Share your insights.