Blog Feature Image

Blog Feature Image

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Eating my way through the Jan Powers Farmers Markets

photo of the Calamari available for tasting at a counter

Set against the backdrop of the Brisbane Powerhouse, where the World Press Photos were hosted, the Jan Powers Farmers Markets was surprisingly a lot busier and bigger than I expected. Farmers Markets they're called? More like Food Markets!

As I visited each stall, I was impressed with the quality products on offer, many available for sampling. I tried organic gluten-free cereals with yoghurt, fresh apples and acid-free pineapple. I watched the other market-goers grab organic coffee and pastries, kransky sausages with sauerkraut, Chinese dumplings and buns, freshly-squeezed fruit juices and home-made jams. A few larger stalls sold produce and there were plenty of people lining up to pay. And if you're game, there's a goat pie stand, strangely, ten metres away from real live freckled brown baby goat!

Unlike the Twilight markets and the Manly markets, don't look to feast your eyes - look to feed your appetite! The Jan Powers Farmers Markets are here every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from 6am to 12 midday.
Love your food? Go to Taste-testing and Entertainment at Asian Cooking Classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts - Raise some issues, Share your insights.