Blog Feature Image

Blog Feature Image

Monday 17 June 2013

On an Oasis at the Stokehouse on South Bank, Brisbane

photo of interiors within the Stokehouse on South Bank, Brisbane

With one of my besties in town, we decided to try a new restaurant recommended by one of my Chef friends – the Stokehouse on South Bank. A scenic walk along Eagle Street Pier, the City Botanic Gardens, and the Goodwill Bridge led us to our destination. The sight of the wooden planks and interesting angles of the architecture quickened my pace and once inside, I enjoyed the interiors and views as well. Soft bread rolls were brought to our table in little brown paper pouches to be eaten with olive oil. The delicious pistachio-crusted quail was the highlight of my meal, followed with the textured scallop squid-ink linguine. We also tried a tender beef rib on the list of specials but didn't manage to finish it, even with his big appetite! All-in-all, a nice meal. I would give it an 8 out of 10.
 


The mere presence of my best friend offered me enough comfort and perspective than I have had in months - I realise who I am again.
I have to let you go. Goodbye for now...



More Restaurant Reviews can be found at:
Food and Memories at George's Paragon, Brisbane;
Grumbles from Celebrations at Jade Buddha; and
Vietnamese Pork Belly and Prawn Pancake at Sing Sing, West End, Brisbane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts - Raise some issues, Share your insights.