Blog Feature Image

Blog Feature Image

Monday 15 April 2013

Vietnamese Pork Belly and Prawn Pancake at Sing Sing West End, Brisbane

photo of Vietnamese Pancake

Ever wanted to try a Vietnamese Pork Belly and Prawn Pancake? I think it only entered my mind when I was watching this season's My Kitchen Rules. Hearing spiteful comments about the lack of skill in serving an omelette and much controversy about prawn shells being left on, I wondered what this would taste like. Apparently, this is how they serve it authentically! As it turns out, I found myself in the Sing Sing Restaurant located in West End, and what should be on the Weekend Special? So I had a go! I haven't mastered how to eat this properly and the portions were huge - but great value for those who want to try! It isn't an omelette at all as the outside is made of rice flour and the colour comes from tumeric. The way to eat it is to place the crunchy pancake within the provided lettuce leaves and drizzle the dressing on top. Enjoy! And for those who would like to try and make it at home, I have found the recipe here for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts - Raise some issues, Share your insights.