Blog Feature Image

Blog Feature Image

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Brunching at Lust in Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast

photo of Bacon and Eggs with Grilled Tomato and Alfafa on Toast

When colleagues find out I live in the city, their first reaction is to say “Wow! You’re in amongst it all!” It’s really amusing to me because, unlike Sydney and Melbourne, nothing much is open on weeknights or even on the weekends (even most gyms!). Intrigued, I found out from many locals that most people go to the Gold Coast or the Sunshine Coast on the weekends. Many even live out that way and commute to Brisbane for work. Easter was a four day holiday so I took up an invitation to have a little break by going to the Gold Coast. A honk from a cruising car welcomed us, along with the fresh breezes from the sea air nearby. Tourists had already found their place at the cafes on the main strip of Broadbeach, Surf Parade, but we managed to find a cosy little table for brunch at Lust Cafe and Restaurant. I thoroughly enjoyed my food despite a little mistake the waitstaff made in their ordering but the owner rectified it and I walked away happy.

What else can I do on the Gold Coast? Head to:
Seafood and Sea Breezes at the Burleigh Heads Surf Club;
To Fishy Adventures at Sea World! and;
On the way up to O'Reilly's on the Gold Coast Hinterland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts - Raise some issues, Share your insights.